Marine City contracts its garbage, recycling, and yard waste pick-up through EMTERRA Environmental USA. Pick-up is on Tuesday.
All items must be placed at the curb for pick-up by 7AM.
All containers must not weight more than 50lbs.
Emterra observes six special holiday days throughout each year. If a holiday occurs on a weekday BEFORE your regular service (or collection) day, your trash, recycling and/or yard waste compost collection will be delayed by up to one day.Then all schedules return to normal the following week. Holidays observed:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
EMTERRA utilizes a Split Body residential truck, which is able to pickup two types of waste at the same time. This means that they are able to pickup both trash and recycling without mixing them together. See examples of a Split Body truck below:
Trash is collected in plastic bags or garbage cans weighing no more than 50 lbs. when full (no 55-gallon barrels).
- Loose debris
- Tires, car parts, car batteries
- Renovation waste
- Concrete, soil, rocks or bricks
- Household hazardous waste, e.g., propane tanks, batteries, household fluorescent tubes or bulbs, paint, paint solvents, poisons, fuel, oil, pesticides, herbicides
- Construction or landscape excavation waste
- Roofing repairs or replacements, shingles or siding
- Appliances containing Freon
- Animal feces or dead animals
- Industrial manufacturing waste
To dispose of any of the above waste items, individual or groups of items weighing more than 50 lbs., call:
Emterra Customer Service at 1.877.609.6753
Marine City participates in a single stream recycling program.
For a list of what is accepted through this program please review the links below:
NO PLASTIC BAGS (GROCERY BAGS) SHOULD BE PLACED IN THE RECYCLING. This item can be taken to a special recycling location. Please call EMTERRA for a specific drop-off location near you.
Please contact EMTERRA Environmental USA with any questions.
ELECTRONIC WASTE RECYCLING:
Looking to get rid of old computers, TVs, phones or other electronic devices? If so, please see the links below for information and locations regarding disposal of electronic waste.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality – Electronic Waste Takeback Program
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality – 2017 List of Registered Electronic Waste Recyclers
YARD WASTE COLLECTION:
Yard Waste pick-up starts April 1st and ends November 30th.
Acceptable yard waste:
- Compostable materials include grass, leaves, dead plants, trimmings, branches and brush
- Place in biodegradable, brown yard waste sacks OR in 30-gallon plastic cans clearly marked with “Yard Waste” or “X” placed facing the road
- Branches must be less than 2 inches in diameter and less than 4 feet in length and tied in bundles
- Yard waste must weigh less than 50 lbs.
BULKY APPLIANCES/GOODS COLLECTION:
To arrange for disposal of large items such as appliances, groups of items weighing more than 50 lbs., call
Emterra Customer Service 1.877.609.6753